Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our 15th Anniversary!!

September 25th was our 15th! Wow! Well to celebrate, I let my mom watch our 2 little ones and we rented a cabin with a hot tub! I was nervous but decided to let it go! I always tease that the reason I never go anywhere is because my dad would give the baby Budweiser and my mom would let her have jawbreakers! Well my nephew had had jawbreakers and dropped a bunch outside. Bad omen, huh? So I picked them all up (so I thought) and tried to put it out of my mind and have a good time. We grilled out steak, made twice baked potatoes and grilled corn on the cob and Brian had garlic shrimp! It was 5 star!!! We played Racko ( I beat his butt!) and watched a couple of romantic comedies and skinny dipped in the hot tub! So fun! When I called home the next morning to check on our babies, my mom informs me that I must have missed a jaw breaker (they are really small) because this morning my baby had come to the door crying (rather trying to cry) with a jawbreaker almost lodged in her throat. My mom scared, turned and beat it out of her and then slumped to the floor crying. She even cried when she told me! How's that for serious! I started to cry and then just thanked God she was okay and got breakfast and got to them! I even set the timer and took pictures of us, they were really nice too! One of these days people I will get with it and post some! Take care, got to go!

2 comments:

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

WOW!! So glad the jawbreaker came out. You poor thing!! At least you had a wonderful night before it all happened. Take care.

Boog said...

Can't wait to see the skinny dippin pictures!!!! LOL!!! Hope you finally got over your nasty cough from doing such things in fridgid air!!!!