Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Wild Turkey Festival

Well another year for the Turkey Festival. Seems a hundred years and hundred pounds ago since I was the queen. The director even introduced me to the new queen and court as the queen from 1902! He's a mess. The girls had a blast. We always take them up for all you can ride wristband day. Carson rode her first ride and loved it. We knew she would because she loves the mower and the 4 wheeler too! Everyone had a great time. We try to take Makala and Toby too and this year we got Makala but Toby was sick! I haven't been feeling too well so we went to Urgent care and was there for 4 1/2 hours, they were slammed! They did an EKG, a c-scan (5 x-rays that included my spine and neck,and one where I had to open my mouth) a pregnancy test, and checked my thyroid! All is fine and I guess they'll figure it out when I die! :)
Bad news for my mom and dad. The very first truck driver that they hired for their trucking business passed away Sunday while fishing with his grandkids. Kenny had been with my parents for 191/2 years! They are all tore up and sad. His kids want my dad to drive the big MAck to the funeral and follow him to the burial and then drive by and blow the big horn all the way past because thats what Kenny used to do when he'd pass the kids and grandkids. My dad started to cry uncontrollably and told my mom he just didn't think he could do it. I hope that he will because I think my dad would be honoring Kenny's memory even if it is hard. All of you who read this this that believe in God please pray for all of our families.

2 comments:

DVG: The Rhinestone Highway Project said...

Hi Stacey--

My name is David Valdes Greenwood and I'm writing a book on small town festivals and festival queens. I was at the Turkey Festival this weekend and met the new girls and talked to a lot of people, but not any past queens. Would you be willing to let me interview you briefly by e-mail or phone? You can see my webpage posts from Turkey fest at rhinestonehighways.blogspot.com and e-mail me through rhinestonehighway@gmail.com .

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

So sorry to hear of your friend passing away. I think if your dad feels he can do it that driving that truck for his friend would be awsome. We missed the turkey festival this year as usual. Hope you had fun.