Sunday, May 11, 2008

Still in remodel mode!

Seems as though nothing ever gets done at our house. We have lived there for almost 5 years and it is still being worked on. First it was all the walls, wiring, paint, and carpet. The following year a driveway expansion and a new well. Then a leaking fireplace caused a tear out (I will have a new fireplace one day!) , next new exterior OSB, house wrap, windows and siding. A new bathroom to replace the 1970's style we had. After all this came building on a new kitchen and dining room, much needed with all the family we have. Now we have to replace the bathroom due to our tub not being reinforced well enough, I'm guessing. Hopefully we will get that done and then we have discovered that our sunroom (with 16 windows) is leaking. Well the leak is from the single pane windows that were installed and they get so much dew and frost in the winter that it is ruining the walls and I'm sure the floor will be next! Craziness! So the sunroom will get new windows (less than 16, I assure you) our room will go in there and we will make it a master "suite" so we can keep the furniture and still have an "extra living room" and our old room, the former kitchen, will become a much needed second bath. The toilet will come after the NEW septic! We should have built!!!!!!!!!!
IT'll be all new soon, after all the windows, doors and floors are trimmed out, let's hope for 2009!?!?!?

1 comment:

Boog said...

Isn't it fun?!! I remember pretty much all the houses we lived in (and trust me...it was allot) we had to remodel. I think it might have been a part of the rent agreement for my parents or something!! The one kitchen had black countertops and my mom almost passed out!!! Like the look of you blog. Sorry it take me ages to get on here sometimes! Can't wait to see you guys.
Love ya!