Monday, March 16, 2009

Babies in hospital!

Well I am just here to say I'm here! I survived 2 days in the wet oxygen tent with the 2 little ones ( pictures to come, promise) More importantly the little ones survived and got well. Both had influenza B and Croup. I thought croup was just a bad cough until I was explained how horrible it is. It scared me! Poor little Carson went into "roid rage". Her little body cannot handle steroids! If I learn to post video, I'll show it. My mom said that it was not a bit funny and I agree but had I not recorded it NO ONE would believe me! She was screaming and hitting herself and me, it was awful. She cried and I cried. The nurse said that some people react like that. They say it is like your body is going crazy out of control but your skin is holding you down!!! I felt so useless and helpless as her mommy to not be able to help her. I asked them to get the doctor and he came up and she was coming off of one with her heart pounding and he said no more steroids for her. Thank God her lungs were getting better without HAVING to have them. Kerrigan was extremely scared to get her I.V. but then when they taped it up she called it her cast and was proud of it and wanted to let people sign it. Too bad it was gauze and we couldn't keep it. She was also very proud of her backless nightgown! I should have charged one to the room! lol Pictures coming, pinkie promise (as Kerrigan would make me do!)

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Stacey, so sorry for what you've been through. We had Cory in the hospital once, extremely sick with strep throat. He too was soooo scared to get an IV. He made it so much worse in his little head than it was! After it was in we were both so relieved. Cory is allergic to penicillan, but we didn't know that then. So the medicine they were giving him gave him a rash and hives and they told me at first that he had scarlet fever! They quickly figured out though that he was having an allergic reaction and changed his medicine. Sick kids are so stressful! Hope your little ones are feeling better!