Friday, February 6, 2009

Becoming Parents Again!!!

Brian and I are going to adopt! At least that's the plan. I have been wanting to be a foster/adoptive parent since we lost our baby almost 10 years ago. Secretly in the depths of my heart I had hoped that there was a little boy out there for us to complete our family and fill a missing link (not that any child would replace Dalton) but we would have the opportunity to parent boys and girls but apparently the Lord has other plans for us at least as far as we know for now. I have prayed for God to let it happen or to stop thinking about it. I talk to people that foster and think that this is something I need to do so badly and then think what about my kids? Well when you pray to stop thinking about it and it continues to be a part of your EVERYDAY life it must need to be done. So I contacted an agency and had a home visit and got the paperwork and so on. Next, I started my phone calls. I called several foster families and talked to them about their experiences, difficulties and joys. The final phone call we actually found our new daughter (we hope). Both her foster mother and myself were crying like babies, it seems to be in the PLAN. We have known her since we moved to Allensville and Peyton loves her. She has been on our ball team and I have been her substitute teacher on countless occasions. The ironic part is that we tried to adopt her twin sisters 10 years ago! We tried to get the mom to let us have her twin sisters many years ago before we even knew about this little one. Now we are just hoping all goes well. I asked Brian if he ever thought she'd call us mom and dad. I said she just knows me as Peyton's mom and Mrs. Tolley and he said I don't know she just calls me coach!!!! Hoping to still be able to adopt, we have to get licensed and the lady at Children Services didn't sign us up and now the class is full. I cried and begged so we'll see what happens. If we go to Disney, I want to be able to take her. Her birthday is July 4th and she turns 13 and I want to have her a big party and if we get all this done she will officially be our hopefully by Thanksgiving and we can give her our last name! New family pictures and an adoption announcement, watch your mail!!!!!! So happy!:):):) 4 girls! Whew! Good thing we'll have 2 bathrooms and Brian said now his moms not allowed to sell her camper because he'll need a haven from the women!lol :) :)

3 comments:

Boog said...

Wow! Keep us informed. I keep telling mom we're going to adopt Nadia to keep her from her mom.:-) Don't know if mom would go for that!!! I think she'd rather adopt her.

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

That sounds wonderful. I can't wait to see some new family pictures with four girls. However, I do feel sorry for Brian. My dad raised six girls. He had some rather funny experiences. Good luck and keep us posted.

Lynda said...

Good luck with everything, Stacey. If it doesn't work out, I have a 13 year old I wouldn't mind putting up for adoption... JUST KIDDING! But you all are saints for taking this on! It can be a trying age!