Friday, August 1, 2008

Who knows!!

Well, seems I don't have a lot to say these days! Last weekend we went to Sandusky to pick up our eldest child. 7 days is too long to be gone camping and to Cedar Point with a friend so the condition I let her go was for Brian's mom to get her after 3 days and for us to arrive after 5! She agreed and I let my husband talk me into letting her go! THAT WILL NOT EVER HAPPEN AGAIN! It's a long story but it ends with me with Peyton and that is the most important. Nothing was planned and seemed a big waste of gas money and time, with the exception of course of getting our daughter.
My cousin,whom I always stay with was leaving to come to Wilkesville, right by us!!! We arrived at 1AM and seen her after work for dinner the next day. Bummer!! Went to get Peyton who got back to the camp site at 11:45! So we came dragging into my mother-in-laws at 12:15! FUN FUN! 2 nights in a row getting to where were going in the am hours! The next day was unplanned of course with the exception of wanting to go to Put-in-Bay, which we didn't do because it was the busiest weekend of the year my cousin informed me and what did the internet tell me but yes, it is Christmas in July!!! Golf carts were $100. So we ended up a mile down the road at Prehistoric Forest. Kerrigan loves dinosaurs and my dad is always teasing her that big ole Rex (Tyranasaurus Rex) lives at his moms. Well I knew she'd love it so goofy or not we decided to go. It was also the home of Mystery Hill. Mystery Hill was awesome!! A house built on a hill where gravity is defied. Water runs uphill and talk about crazy, our kids standing on a table leaning out like Superman with no one holding onto them, pictures to follow!!! Kerrigan loved the dinosaurs and it was perfect, the only one that moved was Rex and she was scared!!!! Her little brown eyes were filled with wonder, we loved it!!!! Next, dinner with a screaming one year old, a great treat of ice cream at the Dairy Dock, Thank you Margie. Carson devoured an ice cream all alone! Too Cute!! Then load up and drive home, to arrive at 4:15 am!!!!! YUCK!!!!!
Better luck next time and with a plan, you better believe it!!!!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Hey, I look forward to your pics - sounds neat! I like your blog alot, your layout is similar to mine!

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Where are the pictures???? Looking forward to them. Sounds like a neat place to take kids. I hate those "wee" hours of the morning traveling too. Real bummers. Take care.